• Maya ANGELOU, poet, author, playwright, USA
• Joseph BRODSKY, poet and Nobel Laureate in Literature, Russia
• Kasuhiko NISHI, former Vice-President of Microsoft, founder of ASCII Corporation, Japan
• Gabriel GARCÍA MÁRQUEZ, Nobel Laureate in Literature, Colombia
• Edna O'BRIEN, novelist, short story writer, Ireland
• Helmut MAUCHER, former Chairman of Nestlé Corporation, Switzerland
• Gerald M. EDELMAN, biologist, Nobel laureate in Medicine / Physiology, US
• Jane GOODALL, ethologist, primatologist and anthropologist, author, UK / Tanzania
• Wole SOYINKA, Nobel Laureate in Literature, Nigeria
What is CHALLENGE OF CREATIVE LEADERSHIP about?
Our planet could be a jewel. It is not. Our society could be the best that ever was. It is not.
Why is this so?
Creative leadership requires a vision of important goals not yet appreciated by others and the ability to communicate that vision. Courage and perseverance are essential to overcome the often bitter opposition from those whose only objective, be it conscious or due to sheer inertia, is to maintain an often undeserved status quo.
The nine contributors to this book have all demonstrated the exceptional qualities of creative leadership, each in his or her unique way. Four have been awarded Nobel prizes. Here they share their personal experiences in creativity. They talk about the obstacles encountered, both within themselves and in society, and how they overcame them. These distinguished and congenial personalities show the way for anyone who wishes to take up the challenge of creative leadership.
• Maya ANGELOU
• Joseph BRODSKY
• Kasuhiko NISHI
• Gabriel GARCÍA MÁRQUEZ
• Edna O'BRIEN
• Helmut MAUCHER
• Gerald M. EDELMAN
• Jane GOODALL
• Wole SOYINKA
Shepheard-Walwyn (Publishers) Ltd., London
14,5 x 23 cm
out of print